Effective Date: 10 January 2022
(1) Our Commitment to your privacy
Organic Collagen Australia ABN 72 634 479 655 (Organic Collagen Australia, we, us or our) respects your privacy and personal information. We are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) in respect of that information. If you are located in another jurisdiction, additional local requirements will comply.
(2) What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We may collect and hold the following types of Personal Information, including:
- name and date of birth;
- contact data such as an address, phone number, fax number, email address, and other addresses/contact details/identifiers used in electronic communications;
- business-related information provided to us by you;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences or interests;
- information about the products or services that you purchase or consider purchasing from us, our suppliers or business associates;
- information about enquiries made to us, our suppliers or business associates;
- information you provide when you raise a support enquiry or when we are working with you to resolve a technical or administrative query;
- marketing and communications data including information that you provide in response to market research, surveys or competitions that are conducted for us;
- information that is provided in respect of employment, contract work, work experience or similar, whether solicited or unsolicited;
- credit card or details of other payment methods used on our Website or otherwise to purchase our products and services; and
- technical data including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website.
We do not collect or hold Sensitive Information, other than:
- where the Sensitive Information is directly linked to the individual’s employment records and our collection, holding and use is permitted by the Privacy Act for the purpose of managing the individual’s employment record; or
- where Sensitive Information is provided to us in connection with the individual seeking employment, contract work, work experience or similar.
(3) How do we collect and hold Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- through our Website;
- through communications with you, including letters, emails, telephone calls, facsimiles, surveys, competitions and social media applications;
- in the course of providing our products and services to you, including providing support through our support services; and
- otherwise in the course of our business functions and activities.
- We hold Personal Information:
- in our hard copy files;
- in other systems that we use in connection with our business, some of which may be owned and operated by our suppliers;
- in the database associated with our Website.
Providing it is lawful and practicable, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself, using a pseudonym, or not providing Personal Information when you enter into a transaction or deal with us. If you elect not to provide us with Personal Information then we may not be able to provide you with the information, products, services or support that you may want.
We may receive other unsolicited Personal Information in the course of our business. We will deal with this unsolicited Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
(4) The purposes for which we use Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- pursuing our business activities and functions, including communicating with suppliers, logistics operators, associates, resellers and other entities using the functionality and applications within our service;
- allowing the manufacturing and technical support personnel to provide assistance to you (or your employer), if needed;
- facilitating transactions between you (or other people who you are acting for) and us or between you (or other people who you are acting for) and other people and organisations who are accessible via our Website or other electronic means;
- facilitating payment for the purchase of products or services through our Website or otherwise. In this case, you will be directed to (or we may use to facilitate the transaction) a third-party Website (a secure internet payment gateway) approved by the relevant financial institution to enter your credit/debit/charge card or other payment mechanism details.
- performing any of the features on our Website, such as conducting surveys, market mailouts mail outs, or competitions;
- conducting surveys, market research, mail and competitions offline;
- direct marketing;
- improving the quality of our Website and our products and services;
- developing or adding additional products and services from us or existing or new people and organisations that are accessible via our Website;
- training and quality assurance purposes;
- administrative purposes;
- allowing the technical support personnel to manage our infrastructure, systems, databases other applications or tools;
- statistical analysis of the usage of our Website or applications or tools that are accessed via the Website; and complying with the law, including privacy legislation.
If you have given us your consent to provide you with direct marketing communications we may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with that consent to enable us to provide you (or other people who you are acting for) information about, and offer you (or other people who you are acting for), products and services.
If you give us consent to provide you with direct marketing communications, we will provide a simple means where you can request not to receive direct marketing communications. You may also request that we do not provide your Personal Information to any of our suppliers or business associates in order for them to provide you with direct marketing communications. If we use a third-party source to obtain Personal Information about you for the purpose of direct marketing to you, you may request that we disclose the source of that information. We will respond to any request made under this clause within a reasonable period and at no cost to you.
(5) Security of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your client’s personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
We store the client’s personal information on computer systems with limited access that are located inside our controlled facilities. Whilst we adopt all protections over client personal information within our control, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet. As such, the transmission of any client’s personal information via the internet is at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for the security of such information.
(6) Disclosure of Personal Information overseas
In order to provide our services to you, we may need to disclose your personal information to our related entities located overseas, or an overseas recipient or otherwise to third parties located overseas for the purpose of hosting our Website and processing and storing your personal information overseas, including to the United States and Europe.
(7) Use of Social Media
Our Website may contain links to social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. All information, including Personal Information that you enter in those applications, may be used, stored, handled and disclosed in any way that is consistent with the privacy policies of the relevant applications if any.
All information that is posted in a blog, Twitter feed or other social media in connection with the Website should be considered public information that may be used, copied and adapted by any person for any means and should not be posted unless you are prepared to specifically state what restrictions on use there may be with that information or are prepared to accept that it may be used, copied, adapted, stored, handled and disclosed to any other person in any way.
(8) Cookies, metadata and site data activity
A cookie is a small piece of computer code that remains on your computer and contains information that helps us identify your browser.
When you visit our Website and applications and tools on it, the cookie records the authentication to allow your user ID to log in. We use the information gathered by cookies to identify your web browser so that when you log in on the next occasion your use of the Website and other applications and tools on it is easier and faster because the Website has remembered your details.
Sometimes information that you upload is provided with associated metadata. If you do not want us to use the metadata you must remove it before uploading it onto the Website and other applications and tools.
(9) Links to other Websites and applications
Our Website includes links to other Websites, applications and tools that are not owned or operated by us. We are not responsible for the content of those Websites, applications or tools, nor for any products, services or information contained in them or offered through them. You should review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of those Websites, applications and tools when you visit them.
We do not endorse, recommend, condone or represent the companies or any content on any third-party linked Website.
(10) Data retention
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation with respect to our relationship with you.
Where we anonymise your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
(11) How to access and seek correction of your Personal Information
If you want to find out what Personal Information we hold on you or you believe any of your Personal Information that is held by us is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or it is not necessary for us to continue to hold it, you can contact us at the details below, and we will either provide you with access to the Personal Information (in so far as we are required to do so by law) or we will correct it, as applicable, within a reasonable period. We may make a reasonable charge for giving you access to your Personal Information, but we will not charge for you making the request, correcting Personal Information or making a statement as to why we are not correcting your Personal Information. You can contact us by:
email at the following email address email@example.com; or
using the Contact Us form on our Website.
We will use our best efforts to respond to any complaint within 5 business days of the date of receipt. We will attempt to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/